Monday, January 6, 2014

1/6/13


Isla and Miles were both saintly today.  I woke up to Miles nuzzling against my neck, saying "Daddy cuddle,"  Isla had been awake for an hour or so and already made herself cheerios, and washed the bowl.  She immediately grabbed Miles and played legos with him while I drank coffee and sat by the fire to regain my senses. 

When I asked what Isla wanted to do for the day, she suggested going to Ventura to go thrift store shopping.  I promptly decided that this was the best idea I'd ever heard and said I needed to change Miles, give him some yogurt for breakfast, and we'd head out.  While I did that, Isla MADE HER OWN LUNCH!!! I swear I'm not making this up.   Then, she got some water for miles and herself and we headed out. 

She found a Mother Goethel doll from "Tangled" for $.99, and bought some dinosaurs for Miles with her chore money too, then we went to the park, and played for a good hour or so and ate lunch.  On the way home, we all sang ridiculous versions of Christmas carols with invented lyrics.  One was about zombies, it was fabulous. 

At home, Miles fell asleep for his nap in less than 2 minutes, as Isla listened to Percy Jackson on cd in her room.  Then, we broke out the thrift store painting I bought so Isla could start her new series of awesome alterations to bad paintings.  Tegan brought dinner home on her way from work, and God Damn if this wasn't a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment