Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Year of writing 308. The Election.

11/6/12

I watched the election coverage last night on a bunch of channels: Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, DemocracyNow, ABC, The Drudge Report, The Huffington Post.   And here's my take on the whole thing: 

1. This political game we play has become so media saturated that people actually internalize the BS that comes out of all camps.

2.  I live in a "progressive state"  that fails to pass progressive policies.

3.  People get really, really mad when money they've used to back a candidate does not show a return.

4.  My daughter says:  "I will vote for brock obama because romney doesn't like girls."  If she's catching that vibe, maybe romney needs to brush up on his feminism.

5.  The kid that got up on stage with Obama sporting the Rakim high top fade from 1983 was so awesome I almost pooped my pants.

6.  While I'm glad I voted, so I could at least see prop 30 support education in CA, it was pretty anticlimactic to see California called like 15 seconds after the polls closed.

7.  Carl Rove is completely insane.  See #3.

8.  I love my family, and I hope everybody who was really upset about Romney not winning goes back and looks at the posts they made on facebook or otherwise after seeing that they're ok in four years and maybe rethinks the hateful drivel they've leveraged toward a man for no other apparent reason than he's black. 


No comments:

Post a Comment