Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Year of writing 315. Wisdom of youth.

11/27/12

My facebook status as of today was a gem from Isla again: 
Isla:"Daddy, the only thing that matters about a person is what they do."
Me: "What do you mean?" Isla: "what I said! it doesn't matter who you are, just the things you do are really you."
Me: " I think I get it."
Isla: "look daddy, I just know what I know. It is a lesson maybe you'll learn later."
Sometimes I marvel at the things this little girl says.  She later told me that her statement stemmed from Strawberry Shortcake, specifically an episode entitled Strawberella (which is apparently a version of Cinderella).  I could have done without the reference material, but if that is what she's getting from TV, I suppose I could be a lot worse off.  She could be watching "Bratz Babiez" which is a real thing featuring animated infant hoochie mamas wearing glitter makeup and miniskirts, basically talking like stereotypical valley girl mallrats from the 80's. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment