Monday, January 30, 2012

Year of Writing 30 - the games Isla plays

1/30/12
I figure I will title these posts now, to give anyone reading them, including myself, something to search easily through.

My daughter's favorite song of the moment is "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots," by The Flaming Lips.

When I ask her what she wants to be when she gets older, she says "a robot fighter." Now, I know that three year olds like simple songs that tell stories, but this is a complex song that is completely out there. She choreographs entire dance segments incorporating what she thinks karate is with copious spinning and jumping onto chairs, simulating the battle with the robots. It's awesome in ways that I can't even understand yet. This is my favorite game right now.

Top ten games for Isla (as dictated to me)

10) You're (from now on this is whoever she is playing with) Darth Vader, and I'm Isla, but Darth Vader thinks Isla is Princess Leia, but she's really Isla.

9) You're Harry Potter and I'm Isla, but Harry thinks Isla is Hermione, but she's really Isla.

8) You're the king of the emperors and I'm the queen of the emperors and we're both evil but we are not evil to each other.

7) Party rock is in the house tonight dance party.

6) Easter egg hunt with play food.

5) You're the prince, and I'm Cinderella and you want to Marry the stepsister, but then you see me and I tell you that the stepsisters make me clean and then you make them clean and then you want to marry me and then you do.

4) You're the coach and I'm Cinderella and you have to be a pumpkin first but then the fairy godmother. But wait you're the fairy godmother and I'm Cinderella in the coach and then you can be the coach and the fairy godmother tells you (-wait, I tell myself?) NO! Nevermind, I don't like that game.

3) Candy making. But it's not real candy, it's clay.

2) Candy store. You make a list of all the candy that you want to buy and I'll make shelves with the blocks and put all the candy on them and then you read the list and I put the candy in the shopping cart.

1) Michael Jackson. (that's your favorite game?) No. I just like to dance to Michael Jackson. (ok, so what's your very favorite game?) Just play Michael Jackson, Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment