Saturday, January 7, 2012

year of writing 6

1\6\12


After being a DJ for the last 10 years or so, there are a few things that I have learned about life.

1) Montell Jordan is the great equalizer for people 25+ of all races. This IS actually how we do it.
Montell

2) people have no idea what music is good for dancing. this is highlighted by the most ridiculous requests ever. "do you have gregorian chants? no? how about any cannibal corpse?"

3) human beings are forgiving. So what I just played my favorite underground hip hop song and cleared the dance floor, here comes Bell Biv Devoe and high fives all around.

4) people put way too much emphasis on the DJ as a person. honestly - a dj is a jukebox with a little more skill... enjoy the night, enjoy your friends, laugh, then buy me a drink at the end.

5) the day you forget your business cards is the day you get approached for a "big deal" gig. Every time. goobers have my cards. important people get a napkin with my facebook scrawled in sharpie.

6) music is not work. that's why it's rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment