Monday, January 14, 2013

336. Dad anger

1/14/13

I experienced my first actual seething anger over the treatment of my daughter today.  Isla got into the car after school and then told me how several older boys (kindergarteners) and one of her classmates surrounded her by the swings and accused her of throwing woodchips.  Then, she calmly described how they wouldn't let her leave when she asked, and kept closing the circle in on her, until she cried.  This lasted until a teacher saw her and the kids moved on their way. 

Now, as she told me this, I had to fight with every fiber in my body not to turn around and knock some kindergarten heads together for this.  This is my daughter.  She is an innocent four year old girl.  She will not be subjected to the evils of evil people on my watch.  After calming myself for a minute or two and realizing that these 4-6 year olds are probably not evil, I think I can safely go into school tomorrow and have a measured, meaningful conversation about how little boys learn to treat little girls with the teachers there. 

My brass knuckles will be in my pocket, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment