Saturday, December 1, 2012

Year of writing 318 - 19. Ah, yes. More puke.

11/30/12 - 12/01/12


Friday started off awesome.  A friend came over with his brother and made huevos rancheros while entertaining Miles.  It was super rad.  Then, I grabbed Isla from school and watched her play with her cousin Paulo in the playground for a couple hours, also super rad.  I made an awesome white bean soup for dinner, and kicked it hard, watching Homeland then fell asleep.  Damn - this day seems rad.


Saturday also started off great - found DJ equipment for cheap at a garage sale, had a clean house, Isla played at her cousin's again, had an amazing Eastern European meal at my sister's (no thanks to my god-awful attempt at Polish knot cookies).  - everything is awesome.  Until about 40 minutes ago.  That's when Miles puked.  His puke used to be cute little baby puke that you just sorta wipe up and continue on your business.  This evening, his little belly was full of cabbage and sausage - not the nicest combination to saturate one's sheets and bedclothes.  Once he was disrobed and the bed undone, Isla began to wail like a mountain lion with it's tail caught in an electrified pencil sharpener (it's a thing).  She was distraught like I've never seen - while Tegan was trying to be nurse mom for Miles, Isla would not accept any solace from me.  When I tried to comfort her, I got kicked and hit for my efforts.  Not fun - and in the end, when Tegan was finally able to calm her down, the reason for the mega-tantrum was "You are two rooms away, that's too far!"  Some days you feel like a super parent, and some days you just try and survive.  Ah yes, more puke indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment