Wednesday, December 5, 2012

year of writing 322. Soccer.

12/4/12

Tuesdays are Isla's soccer days, and due to the rad setup I have with my cousin, I have missed the last 6 weeks or so of her classes.  Today my cousin needed a break, so I took the girls to practice.  I think this might be one of those times when a person realizes that their child is growing up right before their eyes.  It's not very often when I can see a drastic increase in ability, since I see my kids all day every day, but today at soccer my baby girl was all growed up.  She used to stand and wait with the ball when the coach would play "come get me" games, but this time, she was dribbling with both feet and really launching the ball at the coach. 

This coach is awesome too - he is British with an accent and affect that screams "mediocre semi-pro player who blew out his knees early!"  But, he's awesome with the kids, pretending to be a pirate, race car, winnie the pooh, or whatever it takes to get 4 year olds motivated to kick a ball, which shouldn't be that hard, now that I think about it.  But it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment