Saturday, February 25, 2012

Year of Writing 55 Evil alien tattoo



2/25/12
It's hard to tell from the picture, but this alien was out of control awesome. It looks like Yoda had children with a rhinoceros.  In a really good way.   Isla painted it on my arm, because I apparently have hair on every other inch of my body;  embarrassing to say the least.  At any rate, this new tattoo got me thinking about the subject, and this is what has been kicking around inside my head.

I don't have any tattoos.  I like them, actually I like them a whole lot, I've just never actually decided on something that I feel would be worth putting on my body.  Every time I see an awesome tattoo, I get sad, like somehow that idea should have been mine, and now I will never have a good tattoo.  This is ridiculous, I know, but it's how my mind works.  


    Thanks a lot Mr. Cool Ice, now I can never get my dream tattoo.







It's not that I don't have any ideas at all, I just can't commit to one.  It all started with these skeleton guys from Edward Gorey - who is one of my favorite artists.  I started thinking about getting them on my body when I was about 19.   I was going to get them on my shoulders or maybe even my forearms, but never did.  Then I didn't want them any more.  This mind change made me totally paranoid about any future ideas, since I might possibly not want that plastered to myself for ever and eternity.  Since then, I have nixed a stack of books, lines from my favorite poems, a picture a former student drew for me of books turning into birds, one of Lou Pearson's sculptures, and my old friend Gavin's cent man.    As of now, I'm leaning toward nothing, which is probably a good thing, considering that list of inanities.


Ahhh hell.  I'll probably get a tribal tattoo with my daughter's name misspelled on it.  ON PURPOSE.  That's how ironic I am.  




No comments:

Post a Comment