Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Year of Writing 38 Things Middle School kids say

2/7/12

Things I overheard today while kids (7th & 8th Graders in Oakland) were brushing sculptures with a coat of glue in preparation to paint. Sometimes concentration on one task siphons off all available brain cells. Names have been changed to protect the uh, innocent.

1) "Bruh, that hella looks like your mom."
"Shut the fuck up. No it doesn't, it looks like your mom."
"hahaha, who's it supposed to be?"
"My mom."

2) "GAAAAAWD!"
"what?"
"This glue is hella sticky."
"Do you see me shaking my head at you? I just SMHd all over you."

3) (singing) "Burrito man, burrito man, you are my little burrito man. I want to eat you but you are clay and hard. Burrito man you broke my heart."

4) "Woah, what is that? It's hella clean!"
"It's a donut."
"oh, no wonder I like it, my brother wants to be a police."

5) "You should go out with Lucy she hella likes you."
"Bruh, we been going out for two weeks."
(from an adjacent table)
"ugghhhhhhh! I don't go out with him. That's why you smell like hot Cheetos and socks."

No comments:

Post a Comment