Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Year of writing 39 First year memories

2/8/12

I just finished posting a large group of pictures from my first years teaching on Facebook.  I've stayed in contact with many kids from that period 2002-2005, so I was able to tag a few in the pictures.  What followed was a mass tagging of nearly every kid I taught in those days, all of them commenting and asking questions and connecting back with each other.  The fact that I had them all in 7th or 8th grade, and now they are either in college, or working, many with families of their own, makes me feel awesome.   For all the things that suck about getting older, this is not one of them.  I feel so proud of all these "kids"  who are now young adults, and of everything they have accomplished.  East Oakland is not a black hole after all, Thank you guys for proving that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment