Saturday, March 10, 2012

Year of writing 69. Date night.

3/10/12
For the first time since my son was born, Tegan and I were able to go out, alone.  We went to a fairly fancy restaurant, Boulevard in San Francisco.  It was awesomely delicious and I had excellent wine pairings to go along with my scallops, beet & apple salad, and Cornish game hen.  Also,  the waiter had some kind of strange stare down going after everything he said,  but that's not what I really want to write about.

I really want to write is that there are times in my life that remind me just how excellent things are.  How, no matter what trivial issues may be clouding my immediate judgement, I am in a beautiful, loving relationship and I am lucky to be here.  See, I spent the day before our "date night" feeling like it was an actual date.  I'm talking about 2 showers, hand-detailing the car, meticulously crafting an outfit with the Limited Blazers matching the brown in my argyle sweater.   I'm talking about sweaty hands and slightly nervous conversation in the beginning.  What I'm trying to say is, after being with this woman for 16 years, after growing up with her and raising kids with her - I feel fabulously lucky to be able to call her mine, and to spend a few hours alone with her on a Saturday night is perhaps the most precious thing I can think of to do.

Here's to never taking love for granted, and to a lifetime more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment