Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Year of writing 246. Back to School.

9/4/12


I am happily offloading my child onto the schoolyard at 830 every morning, and picking her up again at 1:15, nearly five hours of precious time to any stay at home parent.  I have pipe dreams of cleaning the carpet, doing some dishes or the laundry, fixing the sliding doors, starting a million other projects.  However, life doesn't really work like that.  Instead, I find myself wrestling Miles for an hour and a half, trying to get him to sleep, failing, then trying again for an hour.  Once he finally is asleep I have lost all motivation to do anything, so I sit, slack jawed on the couch until I need to wake up the baby and pick up Isla.  Upon arrival, she says "Can I stay longer?" 

Yes, my dear, you may.

No comments:

Post a Comment