Saturday, September 22, 2012

Year of writing 268. First words.

9/22/12

Today is Miles' birthday.  He's officially in the year club.  For his birthday, he decided to be a little selfless and give me a present.  In the morning, when I saw him, he looked up and said "dada."  This is not too unusual, since "da" is one of the syllables he repeats over and over again - but it was pretty pointed this morning.  Then, once more in the afternoon, and finally this evening, he said it again when I walked into the room, along with a pointed index finger in my direction, like: "DAD. What the hell?  I've been saying my first words to you all day and you can't even give me a goddamn reaction?  Jesus." 

Ok, so maybe it had a bit less blasphemy, and a little more cuteness, but the sentiment was definitely there. Sorry my boy, when a moment is as big as saying MY NAME for your first word, I gotta be sure.  Love you, kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment