Sunday, September 30, 2012

Year of writing 275. Birthday Dinner.

9/29/12

I got to celebrate my birthday in style today by going to a swanky restaurant called "Bouchon" in Santa Barbara.  I was super mannish in my cowboy boots and western button up, like a boss.  The dinner was decent, which is surprising given the reputation of the place, I expected it to be much better.  In truth, the restaurant we've been going to in town is much better overall.  I will say that the wine pairings they did for this meal were pretty fabulous. 

One thing I realized at dinner was that after a couple of glasses of wine, I turn into a social butterfly.  Without it, I'm kind of aloof and introverted, but get some red in me and all of a sudden I'm sharing entrees with the old lady at the table next to us.  I need to slip myself a flask at the next school function so it's not so awkward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment