Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Year of writing 253. Tuesday Mornings, no thank you.

9/11/12

This morning getting ready for school was pretty easy - I had the right breakfast, served her waffles with a raspberry happyface, Isla was in a great mood.  That is, until she slammed her bedroom door, playing with Miles.  Unfortunately her toe was underneath the door as she slammed it, so I heard a wail.  "My tooooooe!"  I looked at it, which was a huge mistake, as there was a large chunk of skin flapping around, and the toenail had been bent all the way back on her big toe.  But, if I've learned anything about being a stay at home dad, it's that hello kitty bandaids can fix anything.  Add a popsicle for good measure, and we're talking superdad.  Never you mind that I almost puked and passed out while trying to put the toenail back down.  Never you mind at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment