Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Year of writing 261. Lunch served

9/19/12

My daughter does a lot of things better than me.  She dances better, has a better imagination, has way more patience, knows how to put makeup on a horse, can draw better and is much cuter.  I'm totally ok with these things.  However, when one of her spectacular abilities begins to infringe on my own perceived strengths, I start to get paranoid.  Case in point today: Isla begins asking me what I would like for my meal as we're playing restaurant.  (she has already designed a menu with prices and pictures of the food I could order).  I order some hot dogs and cake, keeping it simple.  Now, I consider myself to be somewhat of an accomplished amateur chef.  I can cook all kinds of cuisine, and pretty well too.  However, I am not so good at the plating aspect - it pretty much always looks like what it is, some good food on a plate.  Here is what Isla sat me down to.




Note the flowers on the plates, and the color pallete.

I hang my head in shame.  You win again, little girl, you win again.

No comments:

Post a Comment