Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Year of writing 260. The mask

9/18/12

I ordered a couple horse head masks, thinking they'd be cool props for the Wild Stallions show, that and they were cheap and I wanted a horse head mask.  They arrived today, while Isla was at school, and I got excited to show her how outrageous they look.  

 I busted one out of it's cellophane cage and played with Miles for a couple minutes, he grabbed it and tried to eat the nose, but was otherwise pretty disinterested.  I had to go get Isla soon after, so the horse head went back in the box and all was to the good.  After Isla got home, I surprised her with a whinny and nicker, she laughed and wanted to try on the horse, with one caveat - she had to be in complete princess regalia, a princess horse.  She's entitled to her idiosyncrasies, so I documented the final result. 


It's a good look for her. 

I wish the story ended here - but after a long, long day at work - almost 15 hours, Tegan got home and I tried to show her.  All hell broke loose.  Miles unleashed a bloodcurdling scream that should be reserved for when one runs into a long lost relative come back from the dead to eat one's brains, which sent Isla into sympathy wails.  I snatched the mask from my head and tried to calm Miles, which took a minute, but was ultimately successful.  Until he saw the mask lying where I had tossed it, at which point he redoubled his efforts to communicate his distress with another baby who must have been at least 5,000 miles away, judging by the volume of his calls.  Meanwhile, Tegan is looking at me like I'm the worst father in the history of fatherdom, and probably is at this moment going through my wallet so she can revoke my dad card.  I swear on everything holy, Tegan, they were fine with the horse head earlier, I swear. 




1 comment:

  1. the moral must have something to do with horsing around lol

    ReplyDelete