Saturday, September 22, 2012

Year of Writing 267. Ugh.

9/21/12

Isla woke up this morning with stomach flu.  Usually when Isla is sick, which seems like all the time, if a snotty nose is an accurate barometer, she is still in a great mood and never complains about the sickness.  This morning she was really upset; her tummy hurt, and she had a grand total of 6 diarrhea visits during the day.  Hence, no school.  Now, if it wasn't Friday, and I wasn't burnt from the rest of the week I may have found better activities than I did, but that unfortunately wasn't the case, so I spent the day watching her watch cartoons.  That sounds bad, but really, I think we both needed a good dose of Strawberry Shortcake.  Which leads me to an aside - my favorite thing Isla does of all time is sing a "Strawberry Shortcake" song which she made up, all in the stylings of the Ramones.  Just imagine it... now multiply whatever you imagined by a factor of 1,000 and that's how awesome it is.

The stomach flu, however is not awesome.  Neither is hearing this statement yelled at you from the living room: "Daddy!  I think I went poop a little bit."

"Where? in the toilet?"
"No, on the carpet."
"Oh no!  Let's change your undies and give you a bath."
"I'm not wearing any clothes, daddy."
*facepalm.

No comments:

Post a Comment