Saturday, July 14, 2012

Year of writing 194. Thrift store.

7/14/12

Isla and I went shopping today. As per every shopping trip, I told her she can buy whatever she wants, as long as she pays for it with her money.  She keeps said money in a small San Francisco purse and had as of this morning $8.76, a tidy sum for a four year old.  Usually she can't bring herself to part with any of her precious money for anything - that is, until we went to the thrift store in Ojai. 

She spent a cool 4 bucks and came away with patent leather mary janes, a Minnie Mouse stuffed animal, an entire care bears care-a-lot playset, a Tiana Barbie, and 2 dresses.  She was wheeling and dealing with the store owners, at one point referencing the fact that I had helped an eldery patron pull down an office chair from a hook on the wall.  "My daddy helped today, and I only have one dollar left.  Can I pay one dollar for this care bear toy?"  Boom.


1 comment: