Sunday, July 15, 2012

Year of writing 197. Cowboy up.

7/15/12

I have to get fitted for a wedding wherein I am to be one of the groomsmen.  Fitted like a cowboy.  So, I went to this place in Ventura called the Wharf.  It sells pet food, saddles, and cowboy clothes.  Now, I have to be up front and say that I was way too excited about the prospect of getting some cowboy boots and snappy shirts, and this place did not disappoint.  After trying on a few pairs, I started to recognize the inherent beauty and muthafreakin manliness that these dead cow skin foot protectors offered me.  Then after trying the best pair on with some boot cut Levis 527's and a western snap shirt with a horsehair belt, I almost punched my own reflection out in the mirror and started sweating Jim Beam.  It was phenomenal.  I bought them all, except the horsehair belt, because for 60 bucks I now feel like I can catch, shave, and braid my own belt, suckas!



1 comment:

  1. My family is from the midwest. I feel both your pain and joy in relation to all western themed experiences. lol!

    ReplyDelete