Sunday, July 29, 2012

Year of writing 208. White Trash

7/26/12

I've got a backup of these again, so here's first in a fourtet. 

I better be done judging people today, because I realized a serious truth about that.  It started with meeting a friend at the Jolly Kone fast food restaurant.  There were corn dogs, chili cheese fries and sno-cones to be had.  One of the five kids that made up our playdate entourage was picking up ciggarette butts and attempting to eat them.  Then we took our five kids and one stroller (meaning a kid on the hip) for a walk down to the elementary school playground, where they promptly went shoeless to play on the rusted equipment, beat up trampoline, & woodchips.  My daughter peed standing up next to a building because we couldn't get to a bathroom.  At this point I realized if there was a definition of white trash it would be us, maybe minus a tall boy of coors and some barbed wire tattoos - the point is, I better quit judging my fellow trashians. 

No comments:

Post a Comment