Monday, July 16, 2012

Year of writing 198. Princess Ballerina camp.

7/16/12

Isla started her first day at "Princess Ballerina Dance Camp" today.  Simultaneously, I have lost all manliness my trip to the Wharf to buy cowboy shoes had afforded me from the day before.  I'm hoping for a little to return tomorrow at soccer practice, where Isla is the only girl.   I do find it interesting to drop my little one off at things like this, where I get to see other family dynamics play out in little snippets.  My favorite two were A)  the mom who made her son go to Princess Ballerina Dance Camp with his sister, explaining to him how much fun he was going to have dressing like a prince, and rescuing all the princesses - then when she came to pick him up, he was all decked out in Cinderella gear.  B) The grandfather who told his granddaughter to "man up" when she was crying about having to leave camp. 

The thing I appreciate most about Princess Ballerina Dance Camp is that I do not have to sit and wait for it to be over, like other activities, hence I do not have to make nice with random moms and occasional dads.  I can go home and take a nap like a real G.

No comments:

Post a Comment