Monday, July 30, 2012

Year of writing 212. Batman

7/30/12

Finally got to see Batman today, it being cheap night at the movies and all.  It was an entertaining flick, but I was really annoyed by Bane's voice.  Why the hell did somebody decide to cross Darth Vader with Sean Connery?  Every time he spoke, I laughed.  This is supposed to be a super villain who inspires fear in the hearts of everyone. He is a cold blooded maniac, not fucking Darth Connery.  Oh well. 
The other thing that got me was how nervous I was at the movie. I think that the culture of fear promulgated by the media and our own sort of digestion of it all has seeped into my bones.  I caught myself looking around at noises, and crouching down low during the gunfights on the screen. It was a strange phenomenon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment