Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Year of Writing 207.

7/25/12

The library in town here is exactly the way I remember it from being a kid.  I volunteered there one summer because my mom told me it would be good on my resume, and ended up loving being around all the books.  I remember checking out books like The Lord of the Rings and even Catcher in the Rye there to read for the first time, and being really excited to read on breaks or whenever.  I would hide my books in my backpack when I went skateboarding with friends just so that I could read them on the bus ride home. 

Now when I watch my daughter at the library it is kind of amazing to see her in the same place that I learned to really love books, walking the children's aisle, making a huge pile of books about witches, ghosts, robots, princesses and dinosaurs. She looks concerned, counts them, then asks "can we get 24 books from the library, Daddy?"

Sure little bean, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment