Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Year of writing 278. First steps.

10/2/12

Miles took his first step today.  We were at Tegan's parents house while Isla was at school, playing some old pipe tunes with Joseph, Caitlin's boyfriend, and Peter, an old family friend.  I was on guitar, Joe was on bass, John was playing the mandola, and Peter was on the tin whistle.  Even if that was all that had happened, it would have made for an awesome day. I forgot how great it is just to sit and play music with a bunch of people.  However, Miles was not to be outdone. He was pulling himself up on Peter's leg just about the time we were going to leave, and I held my hands out to him to pick him up - instead, he launched himself forward with two wobbly delicious steps and grabbed onto my hands.  There are lots of rad feelings in the world. They don't come close to seeing the child that came from you do something important.  I'm holding on to this one, it was for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment