Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Year of writing 285. Science Center.

10/10/12


The lesson for today is that sometimes you really need to get over yourself.  What I mean is, I've been stressing myself out about being alone in LA with my two kids for four days - this rubbed off on both of the little ones so that they were extra whiny, exaggeratedly annoying, and so forth.  I realized today that is mostly my fault.  Immediately after realizing this, I decided to man up my attitude and have some fun.  Miles, Isla and I went to a toy store in the morning, got coloring books and a ice cream sundae playset, came back to the hotel room for Miles' nap, watched some serious cartoons and then went to the free Science Museum in LA, where they have hands on awesome things to do for kids.  I could have been deterred by the breakfast fiasco in the morning when I didn't have time to get coffee before Tegan had to go to her conference, but I managed on some Folgers and a slap to my own face.  I could have been deterred by the five minute intervals of fire alarm warnings at the hotel during Miles' nap, but I just bucked up and covered his ears and/or put him back to sleep every five minutes.  I could have been deterred by the dead bee that somehow ended up in the stroller, making Isla scream like I was simultaneously ripping both of her legs off and pouring habanero sauce all over her tongue, but I simply flicked the deceased insect off the stroller and guffawed.  Like a boss. 

Needless to say, the day was rad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment