Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Year of writing 284. LA.

10/9/12

Today marks day one of my four day jaunt into the heart of Los Angeles to accompany my wife at her nursing conference.  We're staying at a hotel just across from the Staples Center, in what would be a rad situation if it weren't for two children who shall remain unnamed, as they are minors.  I think Tegan and I had this vision of a nice little visit, taking in the museums and sights of the city of angels while our children skipped and cooed, falling asleep in the stroller the instant they were tired. 

Yeah, no.  It's only been a few hours in LA and this is getting ridiculous.  The kids, out of their normal routine, are insane: whining, crying, complaining, cavorting, other c words.  I am tired and anxious at the same time, because nothing is easy.  I have to check the car everytime I come in, so I can't just run out and grab the sippycup I forgot in the backseat, I have to get my ticket, wait for the dude to come, and let me in to my own car so I can rifle through the trash in the back to get a barbie sippy cup.  Oh man.

Hopefully my plan of going to the science center tomorrow will fare better than this beginning.  If not, it's going to be a long, long, long next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment