Sunday, October 28, 2012

Year of writing 299. Prometheus.

10/26/12

This is my review of the movie "Prometheus."  If you haven't seen it, I'm going to spoil the shit out of it, so stop reading, or don't because it's not worth it anyway.

I was super excited to see this movie, although everybody I care about seemed to say it was bad.  I thought to myself, any movie that is an "Aliens" prequel about the origins of humanity has to be pretty freakin' good, regardless of dialogue issues I had heard about.  I was so wrong.  As the movie progressed, I started to come to the realization that it must have been written by two ten year old kids doing a fill-in-the-blanks script for an action movie.  The only thing missing was "It's quiet, too quiet," which probably was said during the part that I fell asleep. 

The giant alien things were pretty cool, but the biological weapon they developed, which turned out to not only be their undoing, but the origin of the Alien monster, was way too cliche.  They did nothing new with special effects or alien landscape, the setting could have been any martian movie, or even cave movie like the Descent.  Meh.  Don't waste your time on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment