Thursday, October 4, 2012

Year of writing 280. Jumanji

10/4/12


This morning I went to get my lipid screening done, to check my cholesterol and all that good stuff you gotta do when you're a 35 year old dude.  I had Miles with me, because Miles is always with me - and sat him on my lap while the phlebotomist got the needle ready.  I was a little worried, since Miles just got his shots, and was pretty traumatized by the whole thing, but this time, the kid saw the needle go into my arm, and when he started to draw the blood up into the syringe, Miles started laughing as if it was the most hilarious thing he's ever seen.  His laughter was so raucous that even the nurse at the desk looked over to see what the hullabaloo was.  I suppose I'm raising a vampire - which isn't so bad, as long as he's not the sparkly kind.


As I write this, Isla, Miles and I are watching Jumanji and eating pizza, waiting for mom to come home from a long day at the hospital.  I like my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment