Sunday, October 28, 2012

Year of writing 300. roofing

10/28/12

When I woke up Saturday morning I had a vision of cleaning the gutters, since we had our first rain of the season last week, and I'm a homeowner (sort of) and all.  So I grabbed a ladder, went up to check it out, and noticed that not only were the gutters clogged with dirt, acorns, a small raccoon family, a hello kitty doll, and nameless other things, but the roof was covered with about 8 inches of oak leaves and acorns from the oak trees on either side of the house.   This was going to be a much longer affair than I had planned.  

"No matter," I thought, "I got this,"  I thought, and hopped in the car to borrow my stepdad's leaf blower.  5 hours and about 250 pounds of leaves, acorns and dirt later, I remember why I hate stuff like this.  I'm sore, tired, and coughing up acorns, but it does feel pretty good knowing I took care of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment