Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Year of writing 128. Wub Wub

5/8/12

Finally all caught up!  Last night after I ran into the bro from the last post, I was walking back to the car with a friend and we saw a car roll by filled to the brim with teenagers.  Actually it was a truck, this is important because there were five people in the cab, and the dude in the passenger seat nearest us as the truck turned the corner while we passed in the crosswalk was literally hanging out the window.  This particular truck and these particular teenagers were engaged in listening to Dubstep music at high volume.  This, being a middle school teacher is not such a hard thing to get my mind around, I even like a little dubstep every now and again.  Like this:


So I get it, dubstep is catchy, it makes me want to clean my room hella good, and whatever, it's fun to listen to.  But, the thing is, this dude hanging out of the truck was SINGING ALONG to the song.  This song has no vocals.  It is an electronica song.  So, basically he was saying "Wub Wub Wubba Wubba Wub"  over and over again.  No, not saying it, like screaming it, like screaming it as if he was a 13 year old girl at a Bieber concert.  That is what makes no sense to me.  How the hell do you know the lyrics to a song with no lyrics?  The only possible explanation is that dubstep is actually a new language developed by teenagers to fuck with me.  That's the only explanation at all.

1 comment:

  1. All I have to say....is try going to an actual concert. They're everywhere and DJ's actually turn down the music at certain parts, just like at any concert where the band or group actually sings, and the entire crowd scream BOOOOOM WUB WUUB WUUUUBBB. I'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete