Sunday, May 20, 2012

year of writing 140. The beach.

5/20/12




We took our first beach trip as a SoCal family today and the overwhelming consensus was awesome sauce.  In true middle school teacher fashion, I will make a postive/negative T- chart for the experience.
 
Positive
Negative
- 2 ½ hours of baby bliss, generated by sand, sun, and a dried mango. Miles was in a zone.


- Isla squealing in the waves, making a 34 year old man run from the surf like it was an angry hippopotamus.


- Five dolphins about 20 feet out, and a sea lion playing in the waves close enough to see his whiskers glistening.


- Meeting up with my sister and her husband, free guacamole, beer and salad from the farm.


- Sand castles, pebble paths, shell drawbridges, seaweed banners – and nobody looking at me crazy for building Winterfell out of sand because I have a 4 year old there with me.



- Sand sucks. Especially when your daughter uses your sweatshirt to wipe it off of her butt.


- Happy giggly time teaching Isla to throw a frisbee ending tragically when I threw it up to myself, and charged forward to catch it, hitting Isla Oakland Raiders style with a shoulder and laying her out on the sand. Man, daddies can be jerkfaces sometimes.


- Getting two kids ready for the beach, with all the required accoutrements, food, towels, etc... Is impossible, given that their parents are severely disorganized. Is there a pill for that?


- Sand really sucks – I think I still have some in my mouth after Isla kicked sand all over my apple. It was a delicious apple though, so I powered through it.



3 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC.
    love the T-chart. Could be a new weekly theme, just sayin... hahahhahaha. Make a good T-Shirt too.... get it get it...
    okay I'm tired, and it is too much.
    but this entry gets a big ol YES.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete