Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Year of writing 121. Moving day.

5/1/12

may first , I've been thinking about this day for a long time. It makes me think about so many things: the friends and community we're leaving in the bay, the family we will be rejoining down south, the complete change it will be to stay at home with my kids, but most of all it makes me realize that I have A LOT OF SHIT! Like tons, literally. Today I watched the movers shake their heads at our mountain of stuff, and this is AFTER renting a huge dumpster and donating 18 boxes to Goodwill. I feel pretty ridiculous about 7000 lbs. worth of whatever Tegan and I have amassed over the 16 some odd years we've been together, but damn if we didn't whittle it down to what we thought were the basics.  We possibly might need an intervention. Ok, I might need an intervention...case in point:


No comments:

Post a Comment