Saturday, May 26, 2012

Year of writing 146. Rocketship park

5/26/12

Rocketship Park.

Today we took Isla & Miles to the park in Ojai that has had the same rocket ship metal climbing structure that has been there since I was a kid.  She's been here once before too, when she was maybe two years old.  That time, I had to climb up the rocket with her, angling my shoulders askew to fit through the holes in the metal.  She wouldn't move unless I was right behind her, ready to catch.  This time, Isla didn't even ask, just ran over to the rocketship and started climbing as fast as she could.  A part of me was really proud, but most of me was a little sad, and reminded me that I only have so long to be right there with her for all of her first attempts.  A part of me made me hold out my hands a little to catch her, even though I was ten feet away on the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment