Thursday, May 3, 2012

Year of Writing 122. To Ojai

5/2/12

Today I arose at 4:30 AM to do a final cleanup and emptying of our house.  As I walked through the echoing rooms I was hit by all the memories created in this house.  This is where both of our children were born, where they fell, laughed and cried. I got a little throat-lumpy, but held it together as I crammed everything into our little car, including two trash cans, a clay bust of Michaelangelo's "David," Litter box, Vacuum cleaner, mop, broom, three suitcases, an art portfolio, cleaning supplies, and two cats.

Yeah.  Cat's in the car.  This is what happened for six hours: 














Other than that, the car ride was pretty uneventful, the cats just kinda competed with the audiobook I was trying to listen to, the new Dark Tower novel by Stephen King.  I have no idea what happened in that book. 

When we arrived in Ojai, I went straight to the new house where my dad has been working feverishly for the last 2+ weeks to get it ready for movers, who are coming tomorrow.  It needed some last minute work, so we got to it.  This would have been cool if I had actually eaten anything that day.  I hadn't.  So, by 5 PM I sort of felt like Thor was beating my head with his beautiful, horrible hammer, and everything looked kind of swimmy.  Oh well.  Nothing a few hours of sleep and some Thai food won't fix.  Tomorrow I will rate a Ruben's burrito.  This will happen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying laughing at you and those cats. THIS is in my top five favorite posts of the year, easy.
    You deserve a gold medal.

    ReplyDelete