Monday, May 21, 2012

Year of writing 141. Neverending Story.

5/21/12

I started reading The Neverending Story to Isla last week - a friend of mine from down here returned a copy of the book I gave him when we were in 8th or 9th grade.  It is so awesome - with green and red typeface to distinguish which parts are taking place in the real world and which are taking part in Fantastica.  Reading chapter books to Isla is kind of amazing.  She sits there and either stares into space, imagining what's happening, or staring at my mouth and the words on the page for an entire chapter.  It's a pretty special time. 

A couple days ago, she ran up to me breathless.  When I asked her what the heck was going on, she pulled a VHS copy of this from behind her back.

"Where'd you get that?"  I asked her.  "Daddy you NEVER told me there was a MOVIE for this story! LOOK - it's the rock eater and the tiny and Falkor and the CHILDLIKE EMPRESS, LOOK DADDY!" 

"I know, I know - we gotta get through that book so we can watch the movie."
"Is it bedtime now?"















No comments:

Post a Comment