Thursday, August 2, 2012

year of writing 215. Dentists... psych!

8/2/12


I think I might have mentioned before that I like going to the dentist about as much as I like eating cockroach cereal, or stubbing my toe on the metal foot of the bed in the middle of the night.  I don't know what it is, something about having to sit there with my mouth open and things stuck into it for an hour or so freaks me the hell out.  So, I sort of have to psych myself up - I brush my teeth & floss better than I ever have in my life right before going to the office, plus chew a piece of gum on the way there.  I wait in my car until 3:02 when the appointment is at 3, listening to Eye of the Tiger and We are the Champions.  Then, I step inside the office, greeted by the smell of flouride and drills, grit my teeth and say, "Aaron Gardner, I have an appointment."
"No you don't," says the receptionist - "it's tomorrow."

My heart leaps with excitement momentarily, until I realize this means I will have to repeat the whole outrageous process again tomorrow.  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment