Friday, August 3, 2012

year of writing 216. Weekly wrap up

8/3/12

Time once again to return to my Friday reflection on being a stay at home dad.  Here are some things I've learned, been mad at, and cried in shame for.

1 - When a baby looks like they have nothing in their mouth, they have something definitely chokeable in there.  When they look like they do have something in their mouth, it's usually 6 rocks and a lego.

2 - When a four year old asks you to read a book with her, stop being stressed out, forget about whatever chore was about to be done, and take a couple minutes to read a book.  It's called "Zombie in Love" for God's sake.

3 - Baby yogurt is SO much more delicious than adult yogurt.  Buy double.

4 - TV is an easy out for a nap, so you can poop, whatever - but you will pay a million fold in crazy kid once you take that TV away. I swear, it's like my daughter forgets she has bodily functions while that machine is on, and when it's switched off she has to pee, she's tired, hungry, mad, her eyes hurt, and she lets me know at top volume.

5 - I would pay somebody ridiculous amounts of money if they would make my coffee for me in the morning.  Also, my children would probably chip in if it meant I wasn't completely unresponsive until caffeine sets in.

6 - No matter how convincing she is, your daughter should not be allowed to eat just butter for dinner.  It's probably bad. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment