Monday, August 6, 2012

year of writing 217. the best fish ever.

8/4/12

Date night FINALLY rolled around again this Saturday, and it seriously couldn't have come at a better time. I don't know what it is that has made me focus more intensely on my wife and the time I do get to spend with her, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't have work and my mind has naturally found something to obsess about.  I don't mind this at all. 

We went to Suzanne's, a restaurant in town that we've gone to once before.  It had pretty good food and excellent dessert the first time we went - this time, I ate the best goddamn fish I've ever had.  Ever.  It was sashimi grade Ahi tuna, seared and super super raw in the middle.  It was on a bed of rice and arugula, and had a soy ginger dipping sauce.  It was topped with jalepenos and candied ginger.  I am having mini wet dreams thinking about it.   Then for dessert we got some flourless chocolate cake with candied sour cherries and ice cream.  Imagine the best treat you've ever eaten.  This is better.  I don't care. 

Tegan has promised that we can do this once a month.  I'm a slave to her whims at this point, so it's all golden to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment