Monday, August 27, 2012

Year of writing 238. First day of Preschool.

8/27/12

My baby girl went to the orientation for preschool today.  She had a fabulous time - checking the playground out, kicking it with the kids in class, who have such soCal names it's ridiculous :  Peyton, Baylor, Harlowe. Come the fuck on.  While she was playing with her new classmates in the "blue room,"  I had to mingle with the parents in the library.  I am not an accomplished mingler.  In fact, I am pretty terrible at it, I probably come off as uppity or aloof at best, but really I don't understand how to make small talk with people I don't know.  I pretty much hate it. 

That's why it was great to have my baby boy with me.  When we had to break off into groups based on which color room our child was in for preschool, I sauntered up to a woman who looked like she would be friendly, said hello, my name is Aaron, and watched her look at me, my shoes, then turn to someone else.  Nary a hello in sight.  As if on cue, Miles realized he missed his first nap at that moment and announced it to the entire library as loud as he could.  YES!  An out!    I love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment