Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Year of writing 239. Easy.

8/28/12


Today Isla went to school for real, it was her first day without me.  Now, I have done my best to raise a child who can be independent without making horrible decisions, who is proud to be her own self, and all that good stuff.  However, there is a part of me that is a little sad that when I drop her off at her brand new school, where she doesn't know anyone, she just says "Bye Daddy!"  and runs off to go play in the school fountain.  It stung a little. 

That sting was removed when I picked her up from school a few hours later.  "Daddy!" she yelled, " Daddy, when you left I sat by the oak tree and cried because I missed you."
"Oh, I'm sorry baby, did you feel better once you got into your class?"
"No, I just sat there and looked at the other children with tears dripping down my face."

"You are so melodromatic, sweetie."
 "Thank you daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment