Thursday, August 30, 2012

Year of writing 240. Paradise.

8/29/12


My daughter has Wednesdays off from school, or "really shitty days"  as I will call them from now on. I have no boa constrictor or tadpoles to make Isla happy, and she lets me know all day long.  So, I decided to be proactive and take a little trip to visit mommy in Santa Barbara at her hospital.  It was a good idea.

First, Miles didn't nap until we were approximately 3.5 seconds away from the parking lot in Santa Barbara.  This meant that I had to wake up an already cranky baby from his one minute nap in order to bring him somewhere unfamiliar and just totally eff up his routine.  Whee!

Second, we went to a beautiful outdoor courtyard with a river running through it and cabanas (go ahead Cottage Hospital!).  The cafeteria has great food for ridiculously low prices, so we grabbed what we could with Isla complaining about having to eat whatever we chose.  Then Miles wiped his entire lunch on Tegan's lab coat, and we left.

Third, all the way home, Isla wailed about missing her mommy.

Fourth, Netflix wasn't working on the computer, so she threw her stuffed animal at it and got time out.

Fifth, I put myself in time out for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment