Sunday, August 12, 2012

Year of writing 222. The picnic.

8/11/12

#222 - besides being a television show that was canceled before I was born, is a great number.  I am continually proud of myself for doing this on a daily basis, and will continue to compliment my needy ego as it goes.


Today Tegan's work put on a "picnic."  First off, Tegan's hospital is BALLIN'!  At this picnic, for 10.00 a person you got free everything - face painting, food (ribs & tri tip), drinks, caricatures, balloons, carnival games, horse rides, hair feathers, bouncy houses, crazy bungee jumping - it was nuts.  Isla definitely had her fill of fun, choosing one of everything there was to do.  I was particularly fond of the Alpaca in the petting zoo - they make rad whining sounds, sort of like TaunTauns from Star Wars.  In fact, I was daydreaming about making a stinky sleeping bag out of this particularly whiny alpaca when Isla started getting nibbled by a pregnant goat.  We got the hell out of there quick.  We moved on to a pony ride setup, presided over by a butch woman in a western shirt and businessman haircut who manhandled all the kids onto the ponies, then caressed her horses gently.  I was nervous.  It was all OK, though.

We found out that Isla is too light for the bungee jumper thing, which was just fine by me, although I had to placate her with a pirate bounce house and a churro in order to ease the sting of being too small.  All in all, this picnic was pretty awesome - I love free stuff, and it abounded here. 

The hat in this picture was created by a very large jolly Mexican man in a tiedie shirt who kept making elephant noises and declared "I LOVE BALLOONS" about 7.3 times while making it.  The show was way better than the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment