Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Year of writing 226. Camp prep.

8/15/12

As I was gathering the essentials for our camping trip early Friday morning (variety boxes of cereal, coffee, little toothpastes), I realized this will be the first trip with our little nuclear family of four.  I have so many good memories of camping with my family growing up, and I can't wait to get out and set up camp with both my little ones in tow.  I think Isla is old enough to go on her first Snipe hunt, and Miles will have plenty of dirt and sticks to gnaw on, hell maybe even cut a tooth on good old mother nature already. 

When I asked Isla to pick out something special for our camping trip to bring along, she chose Mr. Bear.  This means nothing unless you understand that Mr. Bear is a ratty old teddy bear that belonged both to me and my sister growing up.  He has one eye, half an ear, and S'mores stains on him from the various times we took him camping growing up.  Of course I told Isla that we took the bear camping as kids a long time ago, but when she wanted to bring him, I almost lost my shit.  I love little things like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment